Preti Flaherty's Employment Law Group represents corporate and individual clients in a wide range of employment-related situations. We help businesses avoid potentially damaging situations by developing, implementing and communicating sound workplace policies and strategies.
We provide general counsel on employment issues, including:
• Hiring /Termination policies
• Employee manuals
• Employee oversight and personnel relations
• Business immigration
• Employment law compliance, including Wage and Hour Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and Equal Employment Opportunity matters
• Non-competition and non-disclosure agreements, severance agreements and other executive compensation arrangements
• Employee benefit issues, including ERISA, health and retirement plans
• Representation before the Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA)
• Representation before state and national labor relations boards, the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission, state and federal labor departments and the Maine Human Rights Commission
• Internal investigations of discrimination complaints
Our employment litigators regularly defend employers in state and federal courts.
Our Labor attorneys provide advice on day-to-day labor/management relations issues, and we also represent employers in unfair labor practice charges and union election proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board. Preti Flaherty has offices in Portland and Augusta, ME; Concord, NH; Boston, MA and Washington, D.C.