SafetyWorks! is an outreach program of the Maine Department of Labor designed to reduce job-related injuries, illnesses and deaths. SafetyWorks! is a voluntary program, it is not OSHA and cannot issue citations or fines.
At your request and at no cost to you SafetyWorks! will:
- Answer your workplace safety and health questions over the telephone or through "Ask the Expert."
- Come to your workplace to help you identify hazards and find ways to correct them.
- Conduct air or noise monitoring at your workplace.
- Provide training on many different safety and health topics.
- Lend you videotapes and DVDs from our video lending library.
- Send you publications.
- Provide injury and illness statistics.
- Help you improve your safety and health program and culture.
- Help you understand OSHA regulations.
SafetyWorks! provides services and materials at no cost to public and private employers, workers, educators, and the general public. While SafetyWorks! will help businesses regardless of size, priority is given to smaller businesses with 250 employees or less.